What To Look For In A Great Event Planner4631894
If you have ever had to plan an event, you already know how complex it can be. You require to plan the schedule, the caterers, print the invites, mail the invites, gather RSVPs, find entertainment for the event and the list is endless. You neglect one factor and there is a very great opportunity that your event will collapse or fail miserably. Instead of you tearing your hair out and getting sleepless nights, it would be a good concept to hire a professional event planner and an event planning company to provide professional services and a totally managed event.
Hiring a professional event planner
- Know your event and the professionals who deal with such events -- All events are not the same. For instance, some specialize in corporate events, brand management and launching and even corporate branding for special events. These companies will not provide event planning services for small events like anniversaries and birthday parties. Before you hire the planner, we suggest you list down exactly what you want and then start looking for a relevant event planner.
- Usually verify reputations and references -- Most event planners and event management companies will have a portfolio that they will be happy to show you. Even with the portfolio, the planner or the company will also have a design book that they will be pleased to show you correct away. At the first meeting, you should ask for references and call these customers. Talking to previous clients is the only way by which you can confirm the event planner's experience and qualifications.
- Network of contacts -- Great planners have a massive range of business contacts. They require this as they should be in a position to meet the customer's each demand and that indicates they should be able to find everything from A to Z at a moment's notice. A lot of business contacts will also imply that your event planner will be well known and he or she will have substantial experience in dealing with emergencies or cancellations.
- Look at websites -- Good planners will usually list their portfolios and events on their website and you can easily verify them quickly. Apart from personal or company web sites, you can also verify the Yellow Pages and Trade Directories to find great local event planners or event management companies.
- Creativity and price -- Creativity comes with a cost and most event planners do charge for their services. However, you can effortlessly compare rates and services before you finally choose a company for your event.
- Firms vs. freelance - Please note that freelance or private specialists are just as good as large firms and this should not impact your choice.